Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun

It’s been about 2 weeks since I started .   Time to take a deep breath.    I found a number of jobs that were good matches for me.   Nothing overwhelming, some ok,  but with no obvious disqualifications – no requests for over 10 certifications and a preference for ex-CIO’s of a Fortune 500 company.

I was (and still am) doing some initial fact finding on the big boards.  So after this time, where am I? 

The overview: The big boards are like drinking from a fire hose (actually more like from Niagara Falls) – way too much information!  Admittedly as an overview, this is like a view from the moon…and what can you say about the earth from the moon view - it’s round and it’s blue (mostly). 

I’m stating the obvious.  (Reader…do you have a job out there for someone with this as a key skill? I’m available!)

Kidding aside, I have spotted some areas for metrics and done a review of the options on two of the big boards so I can compare them.  I can use these comparisons as rating scales going forward.   I have, I think, enough to plan forward!    Using the moon metaphor,  feel  I am adequately prepared to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere and start looking at a lower level (say 30,000 ft.).   

I grabbed my pencil and a napkin (aren’t these usually done on napkins?) and drew a flow diagram,  wordsmithed the results and voila!

I have a PLAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment