Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Bright Idea!





I’m looking for a job and it simply is NOT what I want to do – AT ALL!   I’m sitting facing another ugly day at my computer.    It is, among other things, one of the most unsatisfying, unproductive things I have ever done.

… sitting here thinking dark, black thoughts.  Against this dismal background up popped a bright idea!  (My luck, the Bright Idea is also sarcastic!)

Idea:  Still looking for that job?  Looks a little like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
Job-search me:  So what else is new?
Idea:  So change your approach.
Me:  To what?
Idea:   Remind me, what exactly did you say you were good at?  An analyst, an erstwhile auditor?
Me:  Huh?
Idea:  You have a problem…actually a BUSINESS problem.  So what are YOU supposed to do with a business problem?  Where do you start?  Some analyst!  Do you have requirements, an approach, basically a PLAN?   An auditor – let’s start with the basics, a policy, standards, guidelines, DATA?

Me:  (Gulp!) no…
Idea:  …and you’re not getting anywhere?  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment