Monday, May 16, 2011

The e-mail from the bank

The note was from a search agent I set up in my job search.   A good note;  from a bank!  Actually MY bank, where being a customer should count.  A prospective job that should fit my search requirements.    (Note: The operative word here is ‘should’.)   The title was a little off, but I opened it in anticipation and clicked on the job link…  

Broken!   Firefox can’t find it!  The job is already gone - 1 hour after it’s been posted?   

As I was about to hit the delete button (again),  I took a closer look at the note.   The note started with ‘Unsubscribe’.   Is this a hint?   Do they think I am so worthless that they want me to leave their job board alone?   Other than the e-mail address there is nothing in the note about the bank and if you hunt further the url has switched to ‘jobsearchbydude.com’.  

Bad branding.  Not impressive.  

It got me thinking.  They might not know more about this job search thing than I do.   This is a depressing thought!   But consider, they certainly were not getting the best out of their service. 

This is the birth of the Bright Idea …what does make a good search report?   What are the best ways to use a job board?   What are the best job boards?  Is there a way to optimize what you are looking for?   It’s a numbers game, but how do you line up the numbers to work in your favor?   What ARE the numbers? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment