Monday, May 23, 2011

About Me & My Search… (Not the elevator speech! Promise!)

Just enough here to give you the basics on what I will use against the search engines.  For now, call me a Systems Analyst whose dream job would be in IT Auditing.  I’ve qualified for CISA certification and have enough experience be well out of the ‘beginner’ ranks.  I’ve led teams, but haven’t been in control of anyone’s salary or evaluations – that is, have not had ‘management’ headaches. 

Translation for those of you not up on IT Auditing: 
In a nutshell - This is the ‘let’s look at your system and make sure it’s secure, obeying all the rules and delivering what you 1) what you want or 2) what you thought you wanted.  It’s the tech-y version of a CPA and the “Let’s check your numbers” financial auditor.

CISA is one of the certifications for IT Auditing.   It’s granted by ISACA after you’ve done serious time in an IT security/audit/risk job and spent 4 grueling hours taking their exam (and passing it!)

Note: The phrase “obeying all the rules” is the reason I’m looking here.  Washington’s response to Bernie Madoff, Enron and their friends has ratcheted up the number of rules significantly.  This field is growing…which is very nice in a bad job market!

That’s enough to get going.    My first step, try out my big three against the search words “IT Auditor”, “CISA” and “compliance”…..


No comments:

Post a Comment