Monday, June 20, 2011

The Warning…

Way back when I started this process, I signed on for a search agent with America’s Job Exchange.  Pretty regularly I get notifications from them…some relevant, some not.  Yesterday as I was browsing through a job, I found the following notification from an accounting firm…

(*  Names have been changed to protect the innocent/guilty…)

“Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (cpafirm.com*) or one of our approved job boards, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.cpafirm.com*”

WHAT?

Ok, it’s an accounting firm.  They are, by nature, paranoid.  But what does this mean?  Actually, I have no idea!  But taking a closer look at the page I start to notice things.  

There are summary items on the Job Exchange site and a number of these are not filled in. So I start looking at other jobs on this board.   The job experience area is the same – Entry level (0-2 years).

I look at a few more jobs.  The job description says experience, sometimes a little (3 years), sometimes lots (10+).  (Everyone wants experience!)  The summary for every job says Entry Level.

Not a good sign. 

There is the suggestion here that America’s Job Exchange is not legitimate!  ..or, according to the CPA firm, “invalid” or “not approved”.  Have they stolen listings? Are they hacking?

I need to check these summaries out.  Remember what I said about ‘scope creep’, well my scope is up on its feet and running away.


No comments:

Post a Comment