Friday, June 10, 2011

…and the Award goes to….

Subtitle: HR are you watching?





Today in my mail I had about a week’s worth of reports from my searches.  This include those from the big three and a couple of others .  To get a full picture, I started reading all the jobs that came in.

I think I could make major money correcting postings, if only someone would pay me for this.   I have a hard time believing that these companies (who I will not embarrass by naming) are actually letting this stuff go out the door.   Here are my awards for today:

The Huh? Award goes to these two lines:  (same job post…no kidding!)
  • Job Posting:  Feb 17, 2011
  • Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External:  Sep 6, 2010

The Intialese Award goes to:
  • audit activity including ELC, RF, and IP
(I’ve seen worse than this, but this is today’s worst…If you are really stumped, Wikipedia is a great help…and often has some offbeat suggestions that produce giggles.  This category deserves a weekly award.)

The Actuality Mismatch Award:
  • Minimal Travel
  • Travel: 30 %​, strictly Domestic Travel.​ HOME EVERY WEEKEND
(OK..I confess this is an audit job.  My thoughts on minimal was that that maybe you’d be out once or twice a month, if that.  Reality for an auditor is probably different.)

Capitalization/Zapitalization Award:
  • Large Multibillion firm located in midtown manhattan

No comments:

Post a Comment