Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

It’s Monday. (Again??)   Time to do an overview on the big boards.  I’ve picked up counts for three weeks now on my three keywords and I set up a search on ‘IT Auditor’ asking the each to report in on what they found.   So where am I?

Monster’s  Job Search Agent
Monster reports in faithfully every day – weekends included.   The first day there were 4 jobs;  the second day 3 jobs,  and since then just one job daily.…but it’s always the same job!  A quick check against the original 4 jobs  shows that they are still out there on Monster.

I run this same query each Monday to get some counts to see if there is a pattern.   This morning’s count comes up with 11 jobs for “IT Auditor”.   So why is Monster stuck on sending me that single job?   Is the company paying them to keep the other 10 away?  None of the jobs are new,  so I have to wonder why I’m not getting all 11 daily or just a report that nothing is new.    Hmmm….

Indeed Job Alert
Indeed isn’t sending me mail daily which is a good thing!   I have three alerts from Indeed each listing a new job that has appeared for “IT Auditor”.   Ok, let’s check this out against what is out there.  One job is no longer listed.   (Hitting ‘Gone!’ again!) Clicking on the link on the next one says it’s for a Financial Reporting Manager in Baltimore (the listing says a Sr. IT Auditor in Shelton, CT).   Bummer!  The final ‘new job’ IS actually out there but the board itself says it’s been there for 18 days…hardly new.

Career Builder
I just asked for this one once a week.   The first week on Friday I got a nice listing of 9 jobs,  with the addition of a long list of jobs that were found by Career Builder’s ‘Exclusive Matching Technology’.  This Friday’s offerings didn’t show up.   But on Thursday I had received a LONG list of Career Builder jobs. All marked ‘new’ with a zippy little yellow thingy.  A quick check showed that they are screening for ‘IT’  and  ‘Auditor’.   This gives me a long list of jobs for CPAs with a few IT Audit jobs thrown in.  (Looking for ‘it’ does nothing for me!)

The score:  E-,  failure on all counts,  unless you grant them something for effort.  

Being objective and setting actual numbers:   Monster scored 4,  Indeed 1 and I could count Career Builder as 9,  except it didn’t follow up the next week. 

Certainly not what I’d hoped for.   I’ll report in next week,  but if this continues then I think I’ll drop the e-mails.  They are just cluttering my mail box and I can do better running the searches once a week on the actual board.



No comments:

Post a Comment