Monday, June 13, 2011

Signing in with Monster:

I want the ability to save searches and jobs on Monster.  I have to set up an account with them.  I take a deep breath, and click on the ‘Join Us’ button.  That sounds soooo friendly!  I start with the usual stuff…e-mail, password, first name, last name, zip code, country (does my zip code work anywhere but the US?) and educational level.

I pass by a couple of ‘offers’ and then hit the button for ‘Terms of Use’.

Good grief!   The cursor on the right hand side of the page has shrunk to about a millimeter.  I run it down the page.  Pages, pages and more pages of pledges of my life, children and all my worldly goods, thoughts and just about everything but the disposition of my body, will be Monster’s if I sign this. 

All this to save a job?

The paragraphs of the legal language that makes Monster responsible for nothing, and me responsible for everything, if stretched out in a line would go to Mars and back.  Wow, is there anything that they haven’t thought of?   Hopefully I am so insignificant and the high cost of monitoring each word is such that I will live to tell about it if I inadvertently slip on some of the listed items.

I’m not sure my life is long enough to read it all.  I wince, hit the button and huzzah…I’m a Monster Member.

Now let’s look at the job I wanted to come back to later.  I select the job, read it and then start looking up and down the page.  No save button.

I try another job.  The buttom is over there on the right – Save this job.  Back to my job.  Not at the right, not at the top, not at the bottom. 

THERE IS NO SAVE BUTTON!

Can I sue?

No comments:

Post a Comment