Friday, February 17, 2012

…but we DO plan!

Then, why do these things happen….and more than once!

  • Requests sent to me personally where there is no connection to my qualifications… “We have the perfect position for you as a temporary Admin Asst in Iowa.”  I’m sure Iowa is lovely, but I’m in Connecticut and while I think administration assistants actually rule the world, I couldn’t be one if I tried.
  • Significant errors in the software programs.  Would you use a budget program that said ‘2 + 2 = 3’?   Why do you expect to get a good candidate if the software you’re using has mistakes that every job hunter can see?
  • Jobs that are withdrawn well after hiring process has started (or even completed!).  This has happened to me and to friends too often to think that this is fluke.  …and this isn’t a way of saying ‘You weren’t right for the job.’ – reports from friends inside say the job’s gone. 

Dare I suggest that these things need fixing?

...a few more items on planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment