Friday, February 3, 2012

Before I Begin…


Some quick thoughts on this promised list of 10 Things to Make Hiring Better…

I need to stay with what I know…and there are obviously some rather large areas where I am completely in the dark.   So here are some caveats that come to mind:

I’m looking from a job hunter’s perspective.  As I put together the list, I realized that I would like the hiring side to improve.  Not unexpectedly I would like the improvements to done by someone else!   That isn’t going to stop my recommendations, but I’ll try to remember this and also think about improving the job hunting side.  (Much easier to suggest when the change isn’t mine!)

I also know nothing about jobs at the 1% level or even jobs that typically don’t show up on the job listings.  If you’re a plumber, hairdresser, artist, maybe even a shoe-salesman….I’m sorry, but my recommendations may not apply.

No doubt there are other areas of darkness of which I am blissfully unaware…but I will jump in any way!   

Next:
Ten Ways to Improve the Hiring Process!

No comments:

Post a Comment