Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday


Ok…I’m NOT talking about my luck going out this morning to shop. 

This is last Friday’s fun and games in the job hunting world.   I had two prospective jobs come into my e-mail that day and I was awaiting a positive chance to reply/apply.  

First mail consisted of a match from a large company.  The mail said “This job might interest you” with a link to the job description.

The job description was intensely detailed with a long laundry list of tasks.  It sounded like things I have done, with a few misses.   However, I notice that there are no specific requirements for the job.   Strange?….but I continue and push the button to apply.  

Next screen is a list of 4 very specific requirements with a pull down checklist for number of years of experience.  Two I had, two were the items in their long list which were misses for me.   I see no point applying.

I’m annoyed that I wasted my time.  Why post this job without requirements when you obviously are looking for something VERY specific? 

So onto the next…The opening line outside says “Administrative Assistant III Job Opportunity at Danbury, CT | 1 year contract”.   Not a match, but I open it.   The opening line inside says “opening with our client in Norwalk,CT for a Risk Auditor II”.  

(E-mail and recruiter go into my blog notes as possible “Andy” award recipients.)

I’m game, so I send the recruiter a note asking about the Risk Auditor.  Reply comes shooting back…”no we wanted you for the Admin Assistant, but the job is now closed.”

Yes, Black Friday.   I feel like the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland…running as fast as I can just to stay in place!   Is this as crazy as I think it is?   I suspect so….

PS…I’m not so crazy that I go out at 5:00AM to shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment