Friday, November 18, 2011

I just agreed to WHAT?

There’s all that stuff you have to agree to if you want to do anything but look at most job related websites.   By paragraph three, my eyes are glazed and before I get much further the mind starts to wander.  I hit the ‘accept’ button in frustration.

One recent site presented a privacy notice that said “This agreement specifically pertains to the XCompany.com site”….only the url where I was making the agreement was NOT for XCompany.   When I mentioned this to an HR person, the reply was “Well... XCompany.com is not protected.  Our vendor’s site is.” 

Say again?!!! 

So… I am either agreeing to abide to a privacy notice on an unprotected site…or I can agree on a protected site that is not mentioned in the agreement. 
This scares me!  What have I agreed to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment