Thursday, December 8, 2011

Privacy – What my e-mail says to do!

So what is the good news that dropped like manna into my e-mail box?

After a long warning paragraph….A solution!  (I like solutions.)

I can use the service provided (I’m sure for a ‘small’ fee)   What will it do?  It will post my resume on 88 top career websites and if I employ its confidentiality feature,  it will post my resume so “your resume will be seen, however, no one will see your name, address or phone number.”

Other than a question about how an employer will contact me if this is all blanked out, the directions continue with:

“NOTE: These practices may conflict with the Terms of Service listed on some of the 3rd party career websites where we post your resume. If you choose to use this feature you must agree to do so at your own risk. To visit and review the terms of service on these sites, click here.”

What follows is a list of about 87 of the 88 sites with hyperlinks where you can presumably find and read 87 different privacy agreements.


Surely this deserves...not just one ANDY AWARD…but two…

The Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak Award for blanking out all my information
&
The Bedtime Reading Award for guaranteeing 87 nights of instant deep sleep


No comments:

Post a Comment